Summary of Position
Responsible for the management function of the resort dining areas, beverage service areas and meeting/conference rooms to meet or exceed standards of service and quality.
Internally: Provide all essential information to department heads and employees.
Externally: Continuous contact with all guests requiring exceptional guest relations.
Note: The following qualification requirements are only representative of minimum levels of
education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must
possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Essential: 1. High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent.
2. Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English with employees and customers.
3. Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
4. Smart Serve Certification.
Desirable: 1. Pursuing a Hospitality & Tourism program.
Essential: 1. A minimum of 2 years experience in food & beverage.
Working knowledge of food & beverage software.
Working knowledge of Publisher, Word, Internet Explorer, Silverware POS.Desirable: 1. Previous resort experience.
Skills & Abilities
Essential: 1. Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and employees.
2. Quality orientation.
3. Potential to be trained and coached as a supervisor.
4. Self Starter and ability to motivate others.
5. Problem solving and multi-tasking abilities.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with employees and managers as part of a team.
7. Ability to focus attention on details, prioritize, organize and follow up. 8. Ability to work in a time efficient manner.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data.
Mental Effort required to perform the job:
Extensive mental attentiveness and listening is required when handling staff and guests.
Frequently listening to employee and customer complaints and concerns.
Occasional food tasting and smelling required.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
Some heavy lifting required i.e. supplies and related items.
Frequent walking and standing for long periods of time.
Daily operating of various machines i.e. POS machines, dishwasher, buffet tools etc.
Moderate degree of bending etc. to set up and tear down buffet.
Frequent lifting of tables, chairs, a/v equipment to set up meeting/dining/banquet rooms.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental policies and
procedures and collective agreement.
2. Maintain related knowledge of fire and health & safety policies & procedures.
3. Maintain company and professional knowledge within the food & beverage function by attending training workshops and meetings as needed.
4. Maintain client and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
5. Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
6. Assist in setting up and organizing department work area with designated supplies and equipment and maintain cleanliness at all times.
7. Maintain working knowledge of general operation of equipment, i.e. voice mail, phone system, POS machines, operational equipment etc.
8. Maintain knowledge of all related computer programs that are used within the department.
9. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and professional communication at all times with guests, visitors and employees.
10. Ensure that all guests and visitors are greeted with the company standard greetings at all times.
11. Assist in managing employees performance ensuring:
quality standards are achieved on a continuous basis
12. Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
13. Assist in establishing, scheduling and assigning all work to employees based on the needs of the business ensuring:
adequate coverage for absences
compliance of the seniority provisions of the collective agreement
staff is staying and working for the entire shift
overtime is verified and allowed only if necessary
breaks are for the allotted time only
14. Assist with all areas of food and beverage service as required.
15. Assist with the set up and clean up of all areas of the dinning room when required.
16. Enforce sanitary practices for safe food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance in all dining areas.
17. Assist with seasonal decoration of catering areas.
18. Ensure that all meeting room areas are clean and presentable and set up as required.
19. Print menus as needed.
20. Communicate with the Director Food & Beverage and the Kitchen team to provide a cohesive food and beverage team that delivers quality food and service to all guests in all food and beverage areas.
21. Work with the Dining Room Supervisor and Director Food & Beverage to share and
develop service enhancements.
22. Assist in managing food and labour cost control measures.
23. Assist in controlling the use and warehousing of catering supplies and materials.
Accountability while performing the job:
Develop and implement new and improved ways to control costs.
Responsible for proper completion of duties of bar and dining room staff.
minimize waste of food and beverages to reduce costs.
WORKING CONDITIONS while performing the job:
Required to work out doors and indoors therefore climate will vary.
Works with frequent interruptions.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org