Summary of Position
Responsible for food preparation and cleanliness of all food and beverage areas as per company standards.
Internally: Provide all essential information to department heads and employees.
Externally: Occasional contact with guests requiring exceptional guest relations.
1. High school diploma or vocational equivalent.
2. Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English
with employees and customers.
1. Cooks papers.
2. Completion or pursuing an apprenticeship program.
1. A minimum of 4 to 5 years experience working in a kitchen.
1. Previous hotel and resort experience.
Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent team work and cooperation skills in order to maintain an exceptional
rapport with the entire Food and Beverage team and all resort employees.
2. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
3. Ability to follow directions efficiently and effectively.
4. Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and
5. Excellent communication skills with an enthusiastic attitude.
6. Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental policies and
2. Maintain related knowledge of fire and health & safety policies & procedures.
3. Maintain client and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
4. Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
5. Assist in setting up and organizing department work area with designated supplies and maintain
cleanliness at all times.
6. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and professional communication at all
times with guests, visitors and employees.
Production of Menu
8. Produce the daily menu as necessary, based on guidelines set out by the department.
9. Complete food production work to achieve the established standard of quality for each menu
10. Assist in the plating and buffet service of all menu items.
11. Prepare menu items with the assistance of the Pastry Chef and cooks.
12. Provide written instructions and information to other kitchen staff to ensure that there is
continuity to the flow of information for the next shift’s production work.
17. Ensure and assist in the routine cleaning and sanitizing of the production areas on the main
floor of the kitchen (main refrigerator, chest freezers, ovens, stove tops, exhaust hood)
according to the established cleaning schedule and standards.
18. Ensure wet garbage and recyclable materials are removed as required.
19. Report any defective equipment or kitchen site issues in need of repair to the Chef.
20. Observe kitchen sanitization practices and standards as set out in the National Kitchen
21. Produce all menu items to a maximum quality within the established recipe parameters.
The principles of quality are:
safe – has been prepared in a sanitary environment
correct serving temperature
presentation – including dish, garnish, visual appeal taste.
22. Monitor completed dishes before they leave for service to guests and correct any
noticeable quality issues.
Menu Planning and Research
23. Provide observations and feedback on menu items – as to ease of production, guest
comments, food returning on plates, and any information that might aid the planning and
development of menus to the Chef/Pastry Chef.
24. Participate in menu planning and development meetings as directed.
25. Produce menu items in accordance with standard food cost recipes.
26. In the absence of the Pastry Chef, withdraw from inventory any food products for the day’s
27. In the absence of the Pastry Chef. verify the number of covers expected for each event at the
start of each day and adjust production quantities accordingly.
30. Receive Shipments as per the following standards:
assist. receiving shipments in the warehouse as directed
verify the order received is consistent with the invoice
store the shipments in the correct location
rotate stock in the warehouse for first-in, first-out (FIFO)
31. Observe food warehouse procedures as per the following standards:
close containers after removing stock
extract only the quantity required by the recipe
check storage temperatures are correct
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org