Food Server - Summer Season
Summary of Position
Responsible for the dining room area and providing food and beverage service to guests, requiring exceptional customer service.
Internally: Provide all essential information to department heads and employees.
Externally: Continuous contact with all guests requiring exceptional guest relations.
1. High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent.
2. Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English
with employees and customers.
3. Ability to compute mathematical calculations
1. Hospitality & Tourism related diploma and/or certificate.
1. A minimum of 1 year experience in customer service and/or food &
1. Previous hotel and resort experience
2. Previous experience with the use of “Silverware” POS system
Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with guests and
2. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
3. Excellent communications skills with an enthusiastic attitude.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with employees and managers as part of a team.
5. Ability to focus attention on details, prioritize, organize, and follow up.
Mental Effort required to perform the job:
Extensive mental attentiveness and listening is required when handling guests.
Ability to handle customer complaints and listen to customer concerns and suggestions.
Tasting and smelling of food, ensuring food is fresh and the proper temperature at all times.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
Long periods of standing on a hard surface.
Moderate degree of bending, stretching, kneeling and lifting of tables and chairs.
Lifting trays while walking and bending to serve customers.
Carrying trays of food and beverages routinely.
Repetitive pulling, lifting, reaching, bending and movement are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental policies and
2. Maintain related knowledge of fire and health & safety policies & procedures.
3. Maintain company and professional knowledge within the food & beverage function by attending
training workshops and meetings as needed.
4. Maintain client and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
5. Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
6. Assist in setting up and organizing department work areas as necessary, with designated
supplies, and maintain cleanliness at all times.
7. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and professional communication at all
times with guests, visitors and employees.
8. Ensure that all guests and visitors are greeted as per the standard greetings at all times.
9. Handle guest complaints and issues efficiently and effectively as per resort standards while
maintaining excellent customer service.
10. Participate as a team and work together with a positive attitude.
11. Responsible for maintaining a clean and presentable service area.
12. Responsible for knowing and relaying to guests all menu items and all menu changes.
13. Responsible for completing “side duties” as assigned including coffee area, fridge, and
beverage area and staff kitchen.
14. Set and clear tables, polishing cutlery and changing linens before and after each shift.
15. Responsible for set up, servicing, and tear down of meeting rooms (i.e. delivery of coffee breaks, etc.) as assigned.
16. Responsible for using sanitary practices for safe food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of all dining areas.
17. Assist with infrequent furniture and equipment maintenance, repairs, and cleaning as necessary.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com