Night Office Attendant
Summary of Position
Responsible for the end-of-day accounting functions such as night audit, bar till, charge postings and preparation for the start of the next day. Responsible for patrolling the resort grounds including the Cottages at Port Stanton & The Cottages II at Port Stanton to ensure the safety and security of our guests, staff, property and equipment. The main post will be at the office, answering the switchboard and handling any guest concerns. Also responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of public areas such as the Wildwood Inn lobby and Crusader Lounge. May assist the Food & Beverage Staff in closing and cleaning up the Echo’s Lounge after it is closed for the day.
Need to be capable of working autonomously, with no one to assist him/her with necessary tasks and communicating to department heads if required. Responsible for timely communication to emergency services should an emergency arise. Required to keep a log of any significant happenings throughout the night and report it to their supervisor via email or call if necessary.
Internally: Provide all essential information to department heads and employees.
Externally: Contact with employees, guests, visitors, unregistered guests, and occasionally law enforcement requiring professional conduct at all times.
Note: The following qualification requirements are only representative of minimum levels of
education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must
possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Essential: 1. High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent.
Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English with employees and customers.
Essential: 1. A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar or related field ie. resort/hotel setting, direct customer service environment, telephone call center, customer service environment etc.
2. Working knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer.
Desirable: 1. Knowledge of the Maestro hotel system or related hotel-based system.
2. Previous hotel and resort experience.
Skills & Abilities
Essential: 1. Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and employees.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with managers and employees as part of a team.
4. Ability to maintain a professional relationship with local law enforcement.
5. Ability to manage high stress situations with a calm and professional manner.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data.
Special Requirements: Required to work night shifts from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Valid Ontario Drivers License to operate Company vehicle(s).
Mental Effort required to perform the job:
Extensive mental attentiveness and listening is required when handling security issues and using the communication system.
Must be alert and attentive at all times during the entire shift, continuously monitoring the resort for any issues.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
Continuous driving and walking to patrol the resort.
On occasion must be able to restrain unruly guests within the legal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental policies and
2. Maintain related knowledge of fire and health & safety policies & procedures.
3. Maintain company and professional knowledge within the security function by attending training workshops and meetings as needed.
4. Maintain client and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
5. Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
6. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and professional communication at all times with guests, visitors, employees and law enforcement at all times.
7. Ensure that all guests and visitors are greeted as per the company standard greeting
at all times.
8. Responsible for patrolling the resort and CPS sites throughout the night to ensure the safety and security and comfort of the guests, staff and maintain the security of the resort property and equipment.
9. Responsible for complying with the legal regulations of the security field.
10. Assist the evening employees (bar/office) with any issues with guests or employees as per
company policy and procedure.
11. Enforce company policies and procedures when dealing with employees.
12. Ensure all resident employees are quiet after 11 p.m. and all guests of employees are out of residence by 12 p.m. and off property by 1 a.m.
13. Respond to emergency situations by contacting either the manager on call and/or by calling for emergency assistance (911) as per standard operating procedures.
14. Report any suspicious activity and record in log book as per company policy and procedures.
15. Ensure that only registered guests and resident staff are on the resort property after 1 a.m.
16. Ensure all resort areas are properly locked as per company policy and procedures.
17. Complete the night lock-up sheet as per company policy and procedure.
18. Maintain the log and incident report forms nightly.
Inspect locked areas of the resort to ensure employees have secured the area properly.
Ensure public areas such as the lobby, Crusader Lounge, Inn bathrooms are kept clean throughout the evening.
Assist the Food & Beverage team in cleaning up after the bar has closed for the day.
While on patrol of the grounds please assist in picking up towels, garbage, straighten up chairs and general grounds upkeep.
23. Answer switchboard calls and direct guests to the appropriate areas as required.
24. Assist office with specific duties as required i.e. setting bills on guest tables, typing, photocopying, etc.
25. Assist with Check-in of any late arrivals (after 11:30 p.m.)
26. Responsible to attend department meetings as required.
Accountability while performing the job:
Inspect locked areas of resort to ensure staff has secured properly.
WORKING CONDITIONS while performing the job:
Required to work out doors and indoors therefore climate will vary.
Patrol both the resorts and Cottages site on a routine basis to ensure resort is secure-using the resort van and/or golf cart.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org