Recreation Program Assistant
Summary of Position
Responsible to assist with the coordination of all kids programs and activities, ensuring a safe environment at all times while maintaining exceptional customer service.
1. Pursuing a High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent.
2. Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English with employees and
1. CPR and First Aid certified
2. Pursuing an Early Childhood Education or Hospitality & Tourism and/or Recreation related
1. A minimum of 1-year experience working with children and or youth
i.e. summer camp, childcare or resort experience.
2. Knowledgeable in children’s safety issues.
Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to be creative with games and activities.
2. Ability to motivate children.
3. Ability to remain calm and be patient with children.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain client and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
2. Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
3. Assist in setting up and organizing department work area with designated supplies and
equipment and maintain cleanliness at all times.
4. Assist Director in planning and coordinating all areas of children’s programming including but not
Assisting with games, crafts and events
Preparing daily activities
Preparing special events5. Maintain enthusiasm while delivering the program and continuously motivate children to
participate in activities.
6. Maintain a calm and patient demeanor with children at all times.
7. Ensure that all parents sign in and out when dropping off and picking up children.
8. Ensure that all children are accounted for at all times by assisting the Director in taking
attendance on a continuous basis.
9. Ensure that all children’s allergies and special requirements are accommodated as per the
10. Assist the Director in ensuring that all equipment meets the safety standards and that all safety
hazards are reported immediately to the Director.
11. Report and record all incidents of injury or accidents immediately to the parents and to the
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org