Summary of Position
Responsible to perform the duties and responsibilities of the rooms, laundry and public area attendant. Responsible for maintaining optimum customer service and the housekeeping department standards.
1. Enrolled in High School
2. Ability to communicate and comprehend both orally and written in English
with employees and customers.
1. WHMIS certificate.
2. High School Diploma or Vocational equivalent
1. A minimum of 1-year experience in Housekeeping
1. Previous hotel and resort experience
Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to operate cleaning equipment i.e. vacuum.
2. Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain an exceptional rapport with customers and
3. Ability to follow directions and work in a timely manner.
4. Self-starter and ability to work independently and focus on details.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with employees and managers as part of a team.
Physical Effort required to perform the job:
Long periods of standing and walking.
Frequent bending, stretching kneeling and lifting.
Repetitive arm and shoulder movements are required for cleaning.
Frequent lifting of laundry bags, linens, towels, tables, flip charts, TV’s, VCR’s and chairs. Up to a maximum of 25lbs
Repetitive pulling, lifting, reaching, bending and movement are required.
Room Attendant responsibilities:
1. Clean and make up rooms (interior and exterior areas) as per company standards and room
2. Vacuuming, dust, and clean guest public areas as required.
3. Stock guest coffee area and ensure adequate supply is available ( in some designated rooms as
well as public areas.)
4. Responsible for maintaining and stocking all guest rooms reporting any malfunctioning
equipment, broken furniture etc. to the Rooms Manager.
WORKING CONDITIONS while performing the job:
Required to work out doors and indoors therefore climate will vary.
Frequently required to work with a large variety of cleaning products.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com