***Currently offering a $500.00 contract completion bonus***
Permanent, full-time positions with benefits, overtime after 40 hours, no experience required - they train and provide health & safety. Great opportunity to join a growing company.
The Machine Operator is responsible for physically operating an extrusion line in a way that ensures all products are produced free from cosmetic and physical defects, and are within manufacturing tolerances. They are responsible for the quality of the product run and adjusts and documents operating conditions to produce the highest attainable quality of pipe in a safe and efficient manner.
- High school diploma or 1 year extrusion or manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform simple math, add, subtract, multiply, divide and take measurements
- Valid lift truck/forklift license, ability to obtain license
- Working knowledge of extruders, printers, reelers, vacuum systems, chiller systems, resin systems, pullers, quality control standards, and product specifications is nice to have
Hours of work: continental shifts (12hrs / 8-8 / rotating 2 weeks days then 2 weeks nights. Overtime after 40 hours a week.
- Understanding of paperwork procedures and documentation requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, listen to equipment, look for defects and sense temperature changes in the finished product
- Ability to spend 8 hours up to 12 hours a shift on foot around hot machinery
- Ability to move from one area to another by stepping over and/or bending under objects, pushing and pulling objects