Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
The role of the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor is to ensure that scheduled customer orders are shipped on time, and that supplied materials are received for use in a cost effective and timely manner. Responsible for the performance of the Shipping/Receiving department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Safety: Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all employees working in the Shipping/Receiving area. Follow all safety rules and practices in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations.
- Arrange and schedule carriers to fulfill production Shipping/Receiving requirements, obtaining the most economical cost in meeting those requirements.
- Assess staffing and make recommendations to management to maintain workflow in the department. Ensure Shipping/Receiving documents and custom papers are prepared.
- Ensure the Shipping/Receiving area is kept clean and well organized.
- Ensure that scheduled customer orders are shipped on time ensuring cost effective and timely transport.
- Ensure that received materials from suppliers are received, warehoused and or moved to use as needed in the facility. Enter data for all shipments and received goods into Syteline system. Keep the Sales team informed of shortages for ordered items prior to shipment. Work with Sales to determine the best approach in these cases.
- Maintain daily inspection records for forklifts, advising Maintenance Supervisor of issues that arise from inspection reports.
- Maintain Shipping/Receiving department files.
- Monitor packaging with respect to content, identification and quantities, and sign-off after performing checks on all orders for compliance with the Shipping/Receiving sets.
- Monitor product crating in a manner consistent with size, weight and destination, ensuring adequate support for the mode of transport.
- Operate forklifts, when required.
- Receive orders for shipment from production and sales and organizes the area to fill the department's requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
Team Leadership and Employee Management:
- Delegate work to staff in an organized manner, insuring the customer satisfaction goal is maintained.
- Supervise and lead all employees in the department.
- Train team members
- Ensure facilities and personnel in the Shipping/Receiving area are utilized in an efficient and organized manner, and when required transfer personnel to other work areas through direction of the Production Supervisor.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Shipping/Receiving functions and processes. Identify and implement improvements to the Shipping/Receiving process. Make recommendations for improvements on the methods and techniques used in the Shipping/Receiving area.
Salary $60,000 - $62,000 depending on experience