Have a question about your registration ? Click here
FAQ's (FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS)- see recent updates in RED
- Q: I registered in 2020. Will my registration be carried forward for the 2021 Festival? A: Yes, unless you requested a refund of your 2020 registration it will be carried forward for this year. You do not need to do re- register or contact the Chamber office. You will soon receive an email with participation instructions.
- Q: Am I eligible for the Early Bird Draw? A: All those who registered in 2020, and anyone who is registered one week before the opening date will be automatically eligible for the Early Bird Draw.
- Q: How do the current COVID-19 restrictions impact the Perch Festival? A: This year's Perch Festival has been designed to allow for participation while staying physically distanced. In-person opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, and Children's Day will not be taking place. The festival headquarters is now online and you can participate from anywhere in Simcoe County and around the shore of Lake Simcoe. We ask that all participants follow public health guidelines which can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions#provincewide-shutdown. UPDATE: The Government of Ontario issued a province-wide Stay at Home Order which is scheduled to remain in place until AT LEAST May 20th. To support compliance with this order, the Perch Festival will be delayed until after the order has been lifted. The festival is now scheduled to open on the first Saturday following the lifting of the restrictions. Our website will be updated when we have confirmed this date.
- Q: Do I need a cell phone to participate? A: A cell phone is required to participate. However, each participant does not necessarily require their own cell phone. Each participant will have their own registration ID which they will use to submit their entry through the app, so multiple participants may enter using one device. For example, a family of 2 adults and 2 children could submit each of their entries through one cell phone- they would simply enter the unique participant's fishing registration ID for each entry.
- Q: What if I don't have a data plan? A: You don't necessarily need a data plan to participate. Entries just have to be submitted by 7:00 each evening for a chance at the day's prizes. If you don't have a data plan, you can submit once you are back onshore with a WIFI connection.
- Q: Can I register in person or pay by cash/ cheque? Unfortunately, due to the situation with COVID-19 we are unable to offer in-person registration or accept any methods of payment other than online credit card payment.