Benefits of joining a club made with you in mind…
- Advocacy for Business – Stay connected to Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislators and access our Advocacy Committee when you need help with them.
- Chamber Plan Group Insurance - The Chamber group insurance program was developed for Chambers of Commerce throughout Canada as a benefit to offer their members. There was a genuine need, for small to medium sized businesses in particular, to be able to offer their employees, and in fact themselves, the benefits of medical, dental, life, long term disability and travel insurance at a reasonable cost. Contact Erin at Alta Vista Planning Partners to discuss your individual needs.
- Increased Consumer Confidence - According to Market Street Research and The Shapiro Group, in 2012 an extensive study found:
“When consumers know that small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 49% more likely to think favourably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future. If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., is a chamber board member), consumers are 10% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition. When consumers know that a national restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 68% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.”
Networking Opportunities - Attend Chamber events to network, create strategic alliances and ask advice of other local Member businesses. Sit on committees, the board of directors or the executive to bring your great ideas forward. Get active in your community and be the one who enacts change.
- Business After 5 – An after work social activity for members hosted by another member at their place of business. This is a tremendous opportunity for members to get together and network, as well as learn more about products and services offered by other businesses in our area.
- Seminars and Business Breakfasts/Luncheons – Held throughout the year, these are most importantly a learning experience that also offer members an opportunity to network with their peers.
- Business Achievement Awards and Annual General Meeting – The receipt of a Business Achievement Award is highly regarded in the business community. Members have the opportunity to nominate themselves or another business throughout the year. It is not necessary to be a Chamber Member to receive an award.
- The Chamber Annual Dinner – The premier social event of the Orillia and Ontario’s Lake Country business community. In excess of 300 guests attend to enjoy networking with their peers plus the added benefit of a high-profile guest speaker or entertainer befitting the occasion.
- The Chamber Classic Golf Tournament – This event sells out quickly and is enjoyed by all. It takes place in June with the tournament followed by a fabulous meal.
- Committee Involvement - The Chamber has many committees that appeal to a variety of interests. Some of them include Membership, Annual Perch Festival, Santa Claus Parade, Advocacy, Waterfront, Annual Chamber Classic Golf Tournament, Business Achievement Awards and Business After Five. Other committees are struck from time to time as special projects or member needs arise. Without these committees, we would not be able to accommodate nearly as many events, seminars and other activities as we do.
- Unique Marketing and Promotional Opportunities - There are a variety of advertising opportunities for Chamber members; For example, in the Membership Directory and Buyers Guide, our website Orillia.com, e-newsletter, Annual Perch Festival booklet, or sponsorship of various seminars and other events, the Port of Orillia visitor pouch, seasonal banner at the Port of Orillia, special events listings, etc.
- Member to Member Discounts (Member Plus App) - The program is designed to encourage local shopping, save members money and stimulate networking. Through the use of this website and our Member Plus App, you can market discounts, sales and features directly to other Chamber members.
- Discount Long Distance - This cost saving program offers Chamber members free installation of the long-distance lines that they require for their businesses as well as their homes. Long distance savings range from 35% to 70% depending on usage. Contact Telizon Inc. for further information.
- Metro/Food Basics Pharmacy Discount - All employees of a Chamber member are eligible for a $5.00 prescription dispensing fee at the Orillia Metro and Food Basics Pharmacies. See Pharmacy for details.
- Peer Mentoring - Chamber members meeting the “mentee” criteria (new business or business in transition) have the opportunity to attend facilitated sessions with a panel consisting of a local lawyer, accountant, financial institution, successful small business owner and a marketing expert. Each meeting will provide an opportunity for the mentees to receive advice on topics they wish to address involving the successful operation of their business. Research has shown that benefits of open panel discussions are valuable with the majority of questions generic in nature and apply to businesses as a whole.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce – Through the membership of the Orillia District Chamber of Commerce, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce offers many benefits such as an Esso fuel discount and partnerships with UPS and First Data Merchant Services. Visit the Canadian Chamber’s website to fully explore these benefits!
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce - Through the membership of the Orillia District Chamber of Commerce, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce offers many benefits such as discounts with Purolator and Grand and Toy. Visit the Ontario Chamber’s website to fully explore these benefits!