UPDATE: April 9, 2021
In light of the provincial Stay At Home Order which came into effect on April 8th, the opening of the Perch Festival will be delayed. The Perch Festival is now scheduled to run from May 8th until May 29th, and the early bird deadline is extended to May 2nd.Ontario Premier Doug Ford has issued a province- wide Stay at Home Order requiring people to only go out for essential purposes.In the best interests of our community we have made the tough decision that the Perch Festival will be delayed to reflect the Stay-At-Home-Order and will start May 8th, 2021 and end May 29th, 2021.You can register for the Perch Festival at Orillia.com and download the Snapd Hub App. Now available on the app is the early bird experience.
The Perch Festival Early Bird Experience is now available on the Snapd HUB App, which is available now for free download on the App store.
The 40th Anniversary Orillia Perch Festival will be taking place from May 8th - May 29th, 2021, and to comply with COVID health and safety protocols, the festival is going virtual. But not to worry... the fishing AND THE PRIZES are real!!
Note: Due to the volume of inquiries we're receiving regarding this year's Perch Festival, we kindly ask that you read through our FAQ's before contacting the Orillia District Chamber of Commerce.
We have enlisted Snap'd Barrie to create an app that will allow anglers to submit photos of their catch each day that they fish. With each photo submission, the participant has a chance for an instant win ("tagged fish") and also receives an entry in the daily, weekly, grand prize, and bonus draw. To facilitate physical distancing, we have expanded the fishing area to include all of the water bodies in Simcoe County.
In addition to the instant win cash prizes, we have tons of great product prizes for kids and adults, including fishing gear and the grand prize of a fishing boat!!
Registration is online only this year. If you registered in 2020 and did not receive a refund, your registration will be carried forward for this year's event (you do not need to re-register). By the week of April 11th, all registrants will be contacted with instructions for downloading and using the app.
Have a question about your registration ? Click here
FAQ's (FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS)
- Q: I registered in 2020. Will my registration be carried forward for the 2021 Festival? A: Yes, unless you requested a refund of your 2020 registration it will be carried forward for this year. You do not need to do re- register or contact the Chamber office. You will soon receive an email with participation instructions.
- Q: Am I eligible for the Early Bird Draw? A: All those who registered in 2020, and anyone who registers before the deadline of May 2, 2021 will be automatically eligible for the Early Bird Draw.
- Q: How do the current COVID-19 restrictions impact the Perch Festival? A: This year's Perch Festival has been designed to allow for participation while staying physically distanced. In-person opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, and Children's Day will not be taking place. The festival headquarters is now online and you can participate from anywhere in Simcoe County and around the shore of Lake Simcoe. We ask that all participants follow public health guidelines which can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions#provincewide-shutdown. UPDATE: The Government of Ontario issued a province-wide Stay at Home Order which took effect April 8, 2021. To support compliance with this order, the Perch Festival will be delayed until after the order has been lifted. The festival is now scheduled to open on May 8, 2021 and the early bird deadline is extended to May 2, 2021.
- Q: Do I need a cell phone to participate? A: A cell phone is required to participate. However, each participant does not necessarily require their own cell phone. Each participant will have their own registration ID which they will use to submit their entry through the app, so multiple participants may enter using one device. For example, a family of 2 adults and 2 children could submit each of their entries through one cell phone- they would simply enter the unique participant's fishing registration ID for each entry
- Q: What if I don't have a data plan? A: You don't necessarily need a data plan to participate. Entries just have to be submitted by 7:00 each evening for a chance at the day's prizes. If you don't have a data plan, you can submit once you are back onshore with a WIFI connection.